Bea's Beauty Paradise Home Know Me Beauty Faves My MK Story Contact

8.31.2012

John Frieda- full REPAIR- first impression review

I've always been a huge fan of John Frieda's range for brunettes. The hair feels soft, it shines and after a few uses you start getting different brown tones that look lovely under the sun light.

In Europe this brand isn't always easy to find, so I got really excited when I discovered that it is available in Switzerland. To my surprise, however, the products are not consumer friendly when it comes to prize.

I had heard a lot of rave about the products from the full REPAIR line, but due to the prize before jumping into buying them I bougth the travel size of the shampoo and the conditioner...

This is what the brand says about them:
Full repair, Full body Shampoo
With Inca Inchi, a lightweight micro-oil rich in omega-3, this formula repairs the look and feel of overworked hair and adds body for full, flowing styles. Detangles strands, reducing the risk of breaking and snagging while combing or brushing.

Full repair, Full body conditioner
With Inca Inchi, a lightweight micro-oil rich in omega-3, this formula repairs the look and feel of overworked hair and adds body for full, flowing styles. Smoothes and detangles strands, reducing the risk of breaking and snagging while combing or brushing.

My opinion:
What really attracted me of these products was the promise of fully nourished hair without a heavy feeling- I'm all for voluminous healthy hair. Both products smell delicious, kind of sweet, but against all my expectations I didn't like at all how my hair felt after using them.

The shampoo felt kind of drying and it didn't detangle my hair or made it feel clean the day after. The conditioner was more or less the same thing, a little bit more hydrating but not enough for my taste or for what I was expecting. My hair smelled nice but it wasn't softer. On the contrary, my waves where more flat and frizzy.
I've only used it twice, so I don't know if it is enough to tell if this range is really that bad. It might be one of this things that gets better with the use...but looking at the ingredients I see that it has sulphates and it's full of silicones.

So no, I won't buy the full size and I'm happy that I got before the travel size.

And you? have you tried John Frieda's products? Do you have a favourite?

Leave your opinions, comments and suggestions down below. Share and subscribe if you liked it!



No comments:

Post a Comment