Bea's Beauty Paradise Home Know Me Beauty Faves My MK Story Contact

9.10.2013

L'Oréal Skin perfection line, first impressions





Normally, I'm not that impulsive when it comes to buying and trying new skincare but this new Skin Perfection line from L'Oréal got me hooked the second I put my eyes on it.

"In your 20's and 30's your skin is still young but not always perfect. Stress, fatigue an unbalanced lifestyle can affect skin cuality causing irregularities to appear: imperfections, enlarged pores and an uneven skin texture. "

I just turn 25 and I'm sure many of you feel identificated with this description. If that's the case then wou will agree with me that it is not easy to find a skin care that takes care of your skin for the future without being to rich, specially if you are still suffering from clog pores and ocasional acne. Needless to say, I went right away to my local supermarket to get me some! to be exact 2 of the three products that were available.


Skin Perfection Day Moisturiser. This Moisturiser claims to help transform the appearance of skin quality, as if perfected. Pores look virtually undetectable, tone looks more even, skin texture feels silky-soft. The silky-smooth cream locks in moisture for up to 24 hours of hydration.



- Skin Perfection Advanced Serum. A powerful formula enriched with Perline-P and patented LR2412, helps transforms the appearance of skin quality, as if perfected. Designed to penetrate through the skin's epidermis layers pores look virtuallz undetectable, tone looks more even, skin texture feels silky-soft. The satin-touch serum helps boost hydration and refine skin texture.

From what I've read this serum has the same ingredients as the new Visionnaire serum from Lancome (group L'Oréal) but in a lower concentration. Which makes sense since this is targeted to a younger public.

Now, into my first impressions. I've tried each of the products just once and so far they do what they claim. I used the serum last night and the cream this morning. You are supposed to use the serum night and day but since it is quite hydrating on its own- which might explain why the line is lacking a night moisturiser-I didn't want to over do it this morning but using them together. Both products smell lovely. I can't really put my finger to it but is something between clean, floral and sweet. The consistancy is really nice and luxurious. I was afraid it'd be to thick but the product gets absorbed really fast and leave the skin soft to the touch. The products have a matte natural healthy finished.

When I woke up my skin was looking good. Not oily, not clog pores (at least no more than normal) and no new break-outs. After the cream, my foundation went on really smoothly, almost like if I had applyed a primer, and I used less correcting products. This might be just my imagination. Hard to say when you wake up a 4:30 am, but besides the puffy eyes I'm having a good skin day! Fingers cross for that to continue.

There are three other products to the line:
- Awakening Eye cream to brighten tired-looking eyes
- Instant Blur for a soft-focus finish
- BB Cream for a healthy-looking glow


I'll post again in 2 or 3 weeks to give my final thoughts about the line.

What do you think about the line? Do you think it will live up to its claims?
What about the packaging? isn't it amazing? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment